LAST UPDATED: 8/1/2020
Project DIVA International reserves the right to change our information practices and the terms of this Policy, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you. You should check the page from time to time to ensure you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any actions described in this Policy, your remedy is to discontinue use of this website. This Policy is effective from August 1, 2020.
What types of information does Project DIVA International collect about me from my use of this website and how does Project Diva International use the information?
We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our services, programs, and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to enroll DIVAS, Dolls, and volunteers, and enable you to make donations to Project DIVA International. Here are the ways we obtain information about you and the types of information we obtain:
Contact Us and Connect With Us Links. If you contact us via our website, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions or comments. If you are under 13 years old, we ask you to have your parent or guardian enroll you. Younger visitors should always check with their parents or guardians before entering information on any website or mobile application and we encourage families to discuss their household guidelines regarding the online sharing of personal information. If the Site either is directed to children under 13 or has actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years old, the child may be asked to provide his or her parent's or guardian's email address.
Donations. You also give us contact information and may provide third parties with credit card or checking information so that you can make a donation to Project DIVA International. We (or our third parties) use this information for that purpose and to customize our communication with you. Project DIVA International will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of non-Project DIVA International organizations.
Does Project DIVA International share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
We share applicable personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf who may have their own privacy policies that may apply, but these service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you to other members and volunteers of Project DIVA International or to sponsorship partners solely with respect to tracking and enhancing campaigns in furtherance of our mission and as required by law.
How does Project DIVA International protect personal information?
Project DIVA International takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information provided to it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Website may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Project DIVA International via the Internet.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees or volunteers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Does the Project DIVA International website contain links to other websites?
The websites that comprise the Project DIVA International Sites may contain links to other sites, including those of sponsors and third party vendors that handle your donations. These other websites are governed by their own privacy policies or information collection practices, which may be substantially different from ours. We encourage visitors to other websites to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of those websites. Project DIVA International does not collect, retain, or use your credit card or payment information.
How can I update my information?
Please email us to indicate that you would want to change the information we have for you. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership. Email us at email@example.com.
What if I prefer not to receive communications from Project DIVA International?
You may always unsubscribe from our emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Or you may email us to indicate that you would like to unsubscribe from our mailings. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I’m experiencing an urgent or life-threatening emergency and I need immediate assistance?
If you are experiencing an urgent or life-threatening emergency please notify the relevant local authorities and understand that this website is not the appropriate place to make a request for immediate assistance.
Is Project DIVA International intended for children outside of Minnesota?
The Project DIVA Site is designed for and targeted to Minnesota audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of Minnesota and the U.S. federal law. While users from states other than Minnesota may access the Project DIVA Site, we make no representation that the Project DIVA Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other states or nations.
If you are located outside of Minnesota you use this Site at your own risk and initiative and you, not us, are responsible for compliance with any applicable local and national laws. Please be aware that any personal information and other information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of this Site shall be collected in Minnesota and/or transferred to Minnesota and subject to Minnesota and U.S. federal law.
Please read this user agreement before using our website. By continuing to use projectdiva.org, you agree to abide by the conditions of this agreement.
1. Welcome to ProjectDIVA.org ("Service"). By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement and by our Commenting Guidelines. The Service is currently free to all users. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time. By registering for this Service and/or continuing to use this Service after the posting of Notices regarding such changes, you agree to be bound by such changes.
2. You represent that you have read and agree to abide by the following ProjectDIVA.org Guidelines:
Project DIVA's vision is to provides girls ages 6-19 with a meaningful self-discovery platform as they grow into young women through an intensive, 10-month coaching program focused in six key areas of personal development. Project DIVA reserves the right to remove postings that include the use of foul language, personal attacks or the use of language that may be libelous or interpreted as inciting hate or sexual harassment.
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this Service, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, enhance, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, or sublicense any such communication (including your identity and information about you) in any medium (now in existence or hereinafter developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so.
3. This Service (including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
4. (a) Except for content you have posted on the Service, or unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. For more information on our rights and permissions policy, please email the Executive Director at neda@ProjectDIVA.org.
(b) ProjectDIVA.org has been specially designed for presentation of content in a unique format and appearance to our users. We are concerned about the integrity of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. Without limiting the provisions of (4a), neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Service in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright that has not been authorized by us.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ProjectDIVA.org and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or the ProjectDIVA.org Service Commenting Guidelines. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
6. This Service is available "as is." We do not warrant that this Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through this Service. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Service. We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Service or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Service. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Service or available through links in this Service. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this Service but are under no obligation to do so. We do not guarantee or warrant that this Service or materials that may be downloaded from this Service do not contain viruses, worms or other destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Service and any materials available through this Service, you do so solely at your own risk.
7. PROJECTDIVA.ORG AND ITS AFFILLIATES, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, DONORS, AGENTS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF DATA, IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS SERVICE OR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THIS SERVICE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT). ANY CLAIM AGAINST US SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR USE OF THIS SERVICE.
8. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Minnesota. Any action to enforce this Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
How Can I Opt-Out of Online Advertising Cookies?
Sometimes, Wix may engage third parties to host advertisements. In that case, an independent cookie may be used by this third party. We do not have a mechanism to allow visitors to opt-out of cookies from vendors with whom we do not have a contractual relationship.
Technology on the Internet is developing at a rapid pace, and we need to maintain our flexibility in the online arena. If we need to change our policy in the future, we will post these changes as soon as they go into effect.
©2017 ProjectDIVA.org. All Rights Reserved.